We receive many queries each day that question the vast difference in prices between Fire Extinguisher companies, such as ourselves, and Fire Extinguishers that are sold online. While it may appear that Fire Extinguishers that are sold online are much, much cheaper – a lot of additional costs are not advised until the checkout process or, more worryingly, are not advised to the Customer at all. For example, it most likely has not advised that the Fire Extinguishers will require Commissioning upon their arrival.
Commissioning on-site after delivery is a requirement of British Standard 5306 Part 3, HMO Fire Safety Guidance and is required by insurance companies. Commissioning cannot be done before sending the Fire Extinguishers to you and any companies offering to supply Fire Extinguishers with a service label already filled out or commissioned before dispatch should be avoided. There are reputable internet companies that will also confirm this. Until a Fire Extinguisher is commissioned, we or any other Fire Protection company cannot carry out the Annual Service on them. Commissioning an internet purchased Fire Extinguisher is carried out to ensure they have arrived intact, are assembled correctly, check they are safe to use and provide a Certificate of Inspection.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Responsible Person in a business must ensure that Fire Extinguishers meet the required standards when manufactured and are installed and commissioned by a competent technician with the necessary training and certification. This is confirmed by BS5306 and any breaches in compliance could result in heavy fines or imprisonment.
Please view a document here that has been put together by the Fire Industry Association who are a trade association that aims to promote the professional status of the UK fire safety industry. They explain the true cost of purchasing Fire Extinguishers online. More often than not, a Fire Extinguisher purchased through a reputable online company will cost more than if purchased through a Fire Protection company.
There are many more benefits to purchasing Fire Extinguishers and equipment through ourselves, such as:
- We are a local company who can provide a same day service
- BAFE accredited SP101 (Fire Extinguishers) provided by BAFE
- FIA Trained Fire Extinguisher engineers provided by Fire Industry Association
- BAFE ST04 (BAFE Registered Service Technicians) provided by BAFE
- ISO 9001 (Quality management systems) provided by Certification International
- Approved by Trading Standards and are members of their Buy with Confidence scheme
- Hold the correct Public and Products Liability Insurance (Including Efficacy and Contractual Liability) and Professional Indemnity insurance
- Our Fire Extinguishers are BAFE approved, carry the British Standard Kitemark and manufactured to British Standard EN3
- Our Fire Extinguishers are supplied with a 10 Year Guarantee
- No hidden charges
…and much more.
We live in a very competitive world and appreciate you have plenty of choice. By choosing to continue to use our small business, you are supporting a very enthusiastic, very committed and hardworking family who for the last 12 years have strived to build a reputable, local Fire Extinguisher company that is friendly, approachable, fair and professional. We hope that you will continue to support us.